Sunday, December 8, 2013

My First Half Marathon

On Saturday I ran my very first marathon! I have been wanting to do one for a while now, too bad I finally decided to sign up for one during the winter. The race was in Mesquite and it was cold! When I signed up, I expected it to be a bit warmer. Ha! The hills were crazy and every time I thought I was done with them another huge one would come into view.
My family came to cheer me on and they were awesome! I loved seeing my boys yell for me! Having my parents there to support me made me think about all of the ball games they used to come to. I sure enjoyed reminiscing back to my high school days as I ran!
The last half mile of the race was brutal. It was up a huge hill and my legs were aching. Then I spotted my family cheering me on. Such a cool feeling. At the finish line Parker ran out and finished the race with me. I loved it! I finished 3rd in my division, which may mean nothing depending on how many people were even in my division. :) I'll find out in a week, but I'm already planning my next half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment