Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nauvoo Vacation Day # 5

I really should not have waited so long to blog about the rest of our Nauvoo trip because now a lot of the details are fuzzy to me, but I figured I had better finish the task before this baby comes! Day five of our trip started off with us finding Hunter like this! The first place we visited though was the Gun Shop, which I think was one of Steve's favorite places to go to because we have so many dang pictures from it! I'll probably have to have Steve help me with any of the details later from this place because as of right now I cannot remember anything about it....pretty sad huh?This next picture is in the John Taylor home and there is a pretty cool story behind this rocking horse. When the Taylor family left Nauvoo their little boy was crying quite a bit and after a while they finally got him to tell them why he was so upset. He told his Dad that he really loved his rocking horse and really wanted it. So even though John Taylor was being sought after from the mob he disguised himself and crossed the river to get his little boys rocking horse. He put his life in danger out of love for his son. Anyway, just a cool little story.
Next up was the printing office....and I don't really have any stories that I can remember of from here.
These little turtles were everywhere. You would look out to the river and on the logs there were always several just sitting there.
Next we did a tour with the Community of Christ who owns all of the Smith property. As you can see here are the graves of Emma, Joseph and Hyrum. We weren't allowed to take any pictures of the inside of the houses so all that we have are pictures from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment