We never did finish writing about what happened in the end with the delivery. I (Nykele) wish Steve could write about it from his end (because he is a much better writer than I), and hopefully soon he can, but for now while some of the details are still fresh I will write. So bear with me...this could be long and bore-some.
So...the doctor came in at 10:00pm and checked me and being that I had not progressed, he said that in the interest of me and the baby, he needed to perform a c-section. My water had been broken for over twelve hours and it was time for this baby to come, although not the way we had hoped. Anyway, at this point I started to feel really nervous and started shaking all over because I realized that this long wait was about to end. I was not excited at all about having to have a c-section and the amount of healing that would be required afterwards, but I knew that it would be best for my baby!
The doctors got me all prepped and ready to go and gave me another dose of nausea medicine (because I had already puked 4 times due to the epidural they gave me). The nausea medicine they gave me this time was different than the one they had previously given to me. It made me so so sleepy. All I wanted to do was close my eyes, but I wasn't tired enough to sleep so I was just really uncomfortable. I laid there on my bed with my eyes closed as they transferred me over to the operating table and as they strapped me down. The doctors kept asking me questions making sure I was still awake and then they told me I was ready. Oh boy! (From this point Steve would be able to give better details because he was able to watch and even record some of the c-section, but maybe it's a good thing that he is not writing because he might just give too much detail!)
For some reason the thought of 'what if the epidural wont work and I feel them cutting my skin' came to my mind, but of course all I felt was a lot of pressure from all of the tugging and pulling the doctors did to get Parker out. The operation didn't seem to take very long and before I knew it I was hearing my sweet little baby boy's cry! I can't tell you how long I had been waiting to hear that sound. I was so happy. I wish I could figure out the words to describe exactly how I felt at that moment. Anyway... the doctor was able to bring Parker over on my side of the divider so that I could see him for a few brief seconds! I was in love!
The nurses then passed Parker through a window and into the nursery to clean him up. Steve was able to go in with him and watch and help as the nurses did their work. Meanwhile the doctors were stitching me up, they said it would take around 20-30 minutes, I'm not sure how long it really took them just because after I knew Parker was okay, I think I went to sleep. I don't remember them transferring me over to my bed or wheeling me into the recovery room. It's so weird! Before I knew it though, Steve was wheeling our sweet little baby boy into the recovery room. It was so wonderful to be able to hold the little baby that I had been carrying for nine months.
Here are some pictures the night Parker was born:
Steve all dressed up just before my surgery. He looks so tired!
Here is Steve announcing to all of the family about the good news.
Proud new Grandma's!
Parker was born on September 4, 2010 at 11:23pm. He weighed 6lbs 11oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Steve and I feel so blessed to have a happy
healthy little addition to our family. We love our little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment