Sunday, September 5, 2010

September 5th, 2010


It’s morning now and everything is wonderful. Parker slept calmly through the night and fed easily when brought into us at 7 this morning. He’s laying next to Nykele and me right now in his little bassinet and sleeping peacefully. Our nurse as of 8 this morning is named Carlee and she’s been very kind. She took Parker’s vitals and he’s doing really really well.

Nykele is doing really well also, they brought her food this morning at about 8:30 and she ate a couple spoon fulls of cream o’ wheat and drank a cup of juice. Her appetite isn’t very large as of yet, but hopefully she’ll be eating normally by tomorrow.

They plan on having her stand up here in a couple of hours, they told us that the more moving around she does (standing and walking) the better, they said that it somehow aides the recovery process.

I’ve raided the “daddy fridge”, two servings of chocolate milk, a butterscotch pudding and a blueberry yogurt have been my breakfast. After eating so little over the last 2 days, my appetite isn’t the largest either. My brain told me to grab those things because they’d all be good, then my stomach decided to stop being hungry after a little cup of pudding... so I’m trying to work my way through the yogurt and the chocolate milks, normally I would have been done already and going back for seconds. :)

All the family that is here is probably anxiously awaiting my phone call so that they can come see Nykele and Parker some more, but all three of us really need sleep so I’ll call them when we wake up here in an hour or two (or three if we can keep sleeping).

3 comments:

  1. HURRAY!!! Thanks for posting these updates Steve! Glad mom and baby are doing so well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and ps, I think your baby count down widget is behind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is BEAUTIFUL! I love him already. Good luck on the sleep thing. We love you!

    ReplyDelete